Lecturer, Educational Innovation Team, Level B
Educational Innovation Team
- Contribute to the enhancement of education excellence
- Provide education leadership for on-campus, online and technology enhanced education
- Full-time, 11 month Fixed Term Contract. Salary of $104K to $123K p.a. plus leave loading and up generous superannuation
About the opportunity
The Educational Innovation team is seeking to appoint a Lecturer, to provide academic development and leadership, in collaboration with academics and educational designers in the Education Portfolio and through on-going relationships with the teaching leaders and academics in the faculties.
The role will require the development and delivery of effective professional learning and support in a higher education environment which adapts, is responsive to advances in technology and is evidence based.
The successful applicant will undertake high quality research which is consistent with the overall strategic educational goals of the Educational Innovation team and which will deliver enhancement of professional and student learning. Professional and research support will be provided through the teams in the Portfolio as well as through adjunct academic appointments in the faculties.
The successful applicant will have a rare opportunity to work with a very professional and collegial team and to draw upon the strong learning and teaching expertise in the Portfolio and in the faculties at a time of considerable curriculum renewal and refocussing of teaching approaches.
The appointed Lecturer will report to the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Educational Innovation. Further information is contained within the Position Description below.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer who will:
- In consultation with the Pro Vice-Chancellor of Educational Innovation, contribute to the development, delivery and support of professional learning as part of the Educational Innovation team and through collaboration with teaching academics and educational leaders in the faculties.
- Contribute to the development of evidence-based educational approaches in relation to innovative and technologically-informed and enhanced approaches to education.
- Provide leadership and strategic advice in the enhancement of teaching and learning, with a focus on the effective use of blended, online and technology enhanced approaches.
- Provide leadership and academic direction to one of the Educational Innovation spoke teams
- Provide leadership, advice and support for identifying, rewarding and disseminating educational innovation and excellence in student support.
- Engage in scholarly activity, including research, to enhance the quality of education in the University and to support technology-enhanced educational innovation in the faculties.
The University of Sydney is a world-class higher education institution with a vibrant and diverse student population. Part of the Portfolio of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Education), the Educational Innovation (EI) team works with expertise in the faculties and in the Portfolio to support the articulation and implementation of the University’s educational vision. The EI team works with the faculties to develop, deliver and lead the professional learning and support for educational excellence and innovation.
The Educational Innovation team brings together academic and professional staff to deliver integrated professional development and support for all aspects of learning and teaching. The team has a strong focus on effective education approaches based on evidence-based educational design and an openness to experiment and embed educational innovation in every aspect of teaching and learning. Academics within the team provide strategic leadership and pedagogical expertise of the changing higher education environment to complement and build upon academic expertise and leadership in the faculties. Alongside conducting research and projects consistent with this academic development role, academic members of the team support whole-of-University professional learning activities and lead teams which are integrated within the teaching areas of the University.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from hiring manager Professor Adam Bridgeman, Pro Vice-Chancellor Educational Innovation via firstname.lastname@example.org
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Recruitment Consultant, Mohammed Abu Naser on 02 8627 1215 or email@example.com
Please refer to the attached Position Description for further details.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm, 14 October from advertising
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1843/0918F to apply.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.