Project Planner I
Assists the Vice Chair for Operations and Performance in the program management of all perioperative and Pain Program operational initiatives including but not limited to the Inpatient Pain Service,the Perioperative Pain Clinic and the Integrated Pain project. Plan,coordinate and administer timelines for a variety of complex initiatives in these functional areas.
Full scope project management for pain-related perioperative initiatives and the integrated pain model initiatives within the department of Anesthesiology:
- Assist in identifying project team and developing formal scope of practice
- Interacts with leadership and outside departments to support performance and operational activities.
- Provide support during content development process
- Help define and assist in protocol/project documentation
- Best practice development
- Financial Analysis
- Assist in defining key faculty and target population per project
- Provide reporting on all projects
- Manage all project timelines
- Assist project team in creating and reviewing workflow
- Plan and run all project meetings and agendas
- Facilitate group discussions among team members to move all projects forward
- Collaborate with projects stakeholders in creating metrics and data tracking tools
- Work with faculty and Business Office to ensure all projects are managed correctly
- Manage departmental resources for individual projects to ensure appropriate manpower and staffing
- Work with the Vice Chair for Operations and Performance on future project development to ensure appropriate launching of new initiatives
- Work with public relations staff and develop plans and schedules for release of publicity materials
- Maintain liaison with other programs, offices and departments at Duke to coordinate program business and to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
Data analysis and management:
- Inpatient and Surgical Outcomes dashboards and data from Performance Services
- Data and analysis for pain-related hospital-wide projects
- Honest Broker – provide de-identified data sets for various research projects and abstracts
- Match Control for Perioperative Pain Clinic – work with biostatistician to collect,provide, and validate data for statistical analysis and reporting
- Perioperative Pain Clinic database – update weekly with visit information, outcomes data, and screening scores and OME totals through manual chart review
- Queries and analyzes data, develops visualizations and performs analyses. Guides information discovery and offers recommendations to enable effective decision making.
- Provides analytical/ad‐hoc and project management support for various organizational and service line initiatives.
- Surveys internal practice to analyze trends High level of experience with Microsoft Excel, Visio, and Tableau data visualization software.Experience with Electronic Health Record systems – running reports,chart reviews, scheduling,communication tools.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401496901
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2821 PROJECT PLANNER I
Job Family Level 70
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree. Additional training in Project Management or related training is desired.
Two years of experience in project management, with increasing scope and independence. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID