Office Administrative Assistant
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Founded through the generosity and vision of publisher, diplomat, and philanthropist Walter Annenberg, the Annenberg School is devoted to furthering our understanding of the role of communication in public life through research, education, and service. https://www.asc.upenn.edu/
This position provides general clerical, administrative, and financial processing support to the Annenberg School Business Office.
- Provide premier customer service by serving as the initial point of contact for Business Office inquiries from both internal and external clients. Display a positive attitude and high level of willingness and friendliness when assisting clients.
- Process orders for the Annenberg School submitted via the electronic internal requisition system. Process and reconcile purchase orders, payments to vendors, Procard receipts, and revenue deposits via Ben Financials.
- Track blanket purchase order payments and balances using an excel spreadsheet. Finally close purchase orders and create new ones for following fiscal year.
- Approve and receipt invoices for payment in the Markview/BEN application.
- Follow up with vendors and appropriate central university offices to investigate and/or correct issues as necessary. Serve as point of contact between the school and various university departments.
- Process travel reimbursements for guests. Review and approve all Concur reports submitted. Add students and staff to Concur as necessary. Create and submit expense reports in Concur for some Annenberg Faculty members.
- Assist Business Office team with compiling reports and creating presentations.
- Continuously file all electronic and paper Business Office documentation and maintain overall filing system. Make on-campus deliveries when necessary to ensure that payment and reimbursement requests are delivered to the appropriate university office in a timely manner.
A High School Diploma or GED and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Overall knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems required. Experience with Microsoft Office suite, scanning, managing files and records, and other office procedures a must. Must be reliable, punctual, and exhibit professional maturity. Excellent attention to detail is a must. Ability and desire to troubleshoot and investigate issues is a must. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, outstanding customer service skills, and a great attitude. Familiarity with Penn financial systems is a plus.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.