Programme Leader - BA(Hons) Acting
Architecturally unique and spanning two campuses – McNally and Winstedt – LASALLE is a creative hotbed for diverse art forms to coalesce and co-mingle, providing an inspiring learning environment for students.
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
PROGRAMME LEADER – BA(Hons) Acting
The Faculty of Performing Arts seeks to appoint a Programme Leader for the BA(Hons) Acting programme. Reporting to the Dean and Head of School of Dance & Theatre, you will also be the main Acting Lecturer teaching into the programme, and be responsible for the academic leadership and management of the programme with the aim to achieve students’ learning outcomes.
Your key responsibilities include overseeing the curriculum and its continuing development, the planning and co-ordination of classes and managing students’ performances and productions relevant to the programme. You will ensure high levels of quality assurance to meet the academic standards of the validating partner and the College. You will also manage the programme efficiently within the allotted resources and budget, which includes selection and management of part-time staff and a range of visiting artists.
In addition to the academic administration, the Programme Leader also undertakes teaching of Acting skills and Stanislavskian and post-Stanislavskian techniques (eg. Michael Chekhov, Meisner, etc.) The ideal candidate should be able to teach theatre history, improvisation, acting for screen, performance for musicals or other specialized performance techniques. The ideal candidate may be required to direct student performances at times.
As Programme Leader you will also provide strong and active commitment to the encouragement and furtherance of staff professional development, practice and research, and we encourage applications from individuals with an established professional practice and research profile.
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably PhD or equivalent with substantial professional practice as an actor or director
- At least 10 years of tertiary-level teaching experience with knowledge of Higher Education Quality Assurance Framework and at least 5 years of full-time professional experience either in direction and production of performances
- Some experience of teaching performance within a multicultural context, and an awareness of the performing arts industry in Singapore
- At least 7 years or the equivalent in course/programme management and the supervision and development of teaching staff
- Substantial knowledge and extensive experience of academic framework of higher education in arts institutions
- Knowledge of contextualizing academic programme content and curriculum development to fulfill requirements of accreditation and for programme enhancement
- Proven ability in managing curriculum planning, programme budget and programme delivery
- Teacher training qualification is an advantage.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Ability to engage students through a range of delivery modes
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Good pastoral care skills would be advantageous.
- A positive attitude to research in performance and educational fields, and preferably a personal research profile and able to mentor emerging researchers
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae indicating current and expected salary, and indicating clearly the position you are applying, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing (stating clearly the position applying in the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Closing date is 31 October 2018 OR until position is filled.
Information on the Institution can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
For information about the School of Dance & Theatre please visit:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.