Senior Student Engagement Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
- Join a team committed to developing Swinburne’s WIL initiatives
- HEW 8, $95,919 - $103,449 + 17% Super
- Full time, Ongoing, Hawthorn Campus
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
About the job
An exciting opportunity to join our Professional Placements team as a Senior Student Engagement Manager leading the development of initiatives aimed at establishing, maintaining and strengthening the University’s Work Integrated Learning offerings for Swinburne students.
This role will report to the Director, Professional Placements, and is responsible for managing Work Integrated Learning programs, contributing to Swinburne’s objective to be the partner of choice for the industries and communities we serve, and actively contributes to Swinburne’s employability agenda.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team who work with staff across the University and facilitate internal networks to build, promote and manage these relationships
- Play an active role in the marketing of opportunities and communication strategies in conjunction with the Professional Placement Managers and the Operations Team
- Responsible for ensuring that any student issues or procedural requirements are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
The Professional Placements team, in partnership with academics, students and industry, are responsible for the delivery of high quality industry placement programs for students. The team aims to facilitate a broad array of high quality placement opportunities for Swinburne’s students, to enhance Swinburne’s reputation for employability and to position placements as a decisive factor when prospective students choose their tertiary destination.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or Extensive experience and management expertise; or An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategies which have effectively improved business processes, increased revenue or increased by-in from stakeholders
A full list of the selection criteria is available in the position description
- Onsite health services
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information, contacts and support
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To start an application click on apply at the bottom of this page and submit your resume and cover letter.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Xenia Haysom (Director, Professional Placements) on +61 03 9214 5900.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close: 5 pm, Monday 22nd October 2018