Lecturer in Counselling
- SCHOOL OF ARTS & HUMANITIES
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- SALARY RANGE: $97,579 - $115,578
- ONGOING FULL-TIME CONTRACT
- APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA
We are seeking a qualified psychodynamic Psychotherapist/Clinical Psychologist with substantial clinical experience treating individuals, couples, groups, and families to support the on-going development of our well-established Counselling program.
With steady growth in enrolments, we are seeking someone who can contribute to teaching and the development of student clinical competency at both undergraduate and post graduate levels. This important and demanding role will require someone who is able to support students from diverse backgrounds to undertake their counselling and psychotherapy studies. In return, we offer an innovative and supportive environment in which you will be encouraged to develop your career through teaching and learning, research, and/or professional practice.
To be considered for, and successful in this role, you will need to:
- Have a PhD or Masters degree and/or progress towards a PhD in a relevant field;
- Be eligible for membership with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) and/or Australian Psychological Society (APS);
- Have relevant teaching experience in a higher education context;
- Demonstrate expertise in, and have at least five years clinical experience in a counselling/ psychotherapy role with individuals and/or couples and/or groups and families. Psychoanalytic counselling/psychotherapy clinical experience is preferred.
The full selection criteria for this role against which applications will be assessed is attached. Please note that it is a requirement for this position to hold a Working with Children (WWC) card or be eligible to apply for the WWC card.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, ongoing position attracts remuneration of $97,579 to $115,578 plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are encouraged to call the Associate Dean, Dr Vicki Banham on 6304 5530 or email email@example.com for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement addressing the four criteria listed above.
Applications close on Monday 15 October at 11:30 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.