Director, Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre
- Salary Package: Academic Level B from $101,877 to $120,537 p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
- Be part of a strong early childhood community of researchers
With the retirement of our inaugural Director after 24 years, Macquarie University is seeking a Director, Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre, located in the Department of Educational Studies. This is a truly unique and exciting opportunity for a highly skilled early childhood teacher to lead the centre and actively contribute to the Department’s academic program. Reporting to the Head of Department of Educational Studies, the successful applicant will oversee day-to-day operations, financial management and lead a dedicated team of specialists to deliver an exemplary early childhood program to families of the local community.
This position is to commence in February 2019
We require a visionary leader who will guide the future direction of this unique setting. Your extensive experience as a Centre Director and significant business acumen will see you successfully lead and manage effective operations, administration and finances of the centre while ensuring ongoing quality improvement and regulatory compliance. Through a comprehensive understanding of curriculum and pedagogy that aligns with the Department’s philosophy you will make valuable contributions to the Department’s teaching and research.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a drive to deliver an outstanding program will see you foster strong relationships with families and the community. If you are proactive in nature and dedicated to excellence in early childhood education and care , then this is a role you will thrive in.
Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre is a long-day early childhood school with a national and international reputation for excellence in innovative early childhood education and teaching.
The Centre provides an early childhood education and care program for children and families of the local community and Macquarie University staff and students. Its specialist team provides a happy and stimulating learning environment for children from six weeks old to when they start school - enriching all who take part in its caring, welcoming and diverse community.
Mia Mia is the early childhood demonstration school for the Department of Educational Studies program providing students, researchers, academics and other educators with premium opportunities for professional learning, mentoring, observation and research.
Mia Mia is a 51 place long day care school located on the Macquarie University Campus at North Ryde. The service is open for 49 weeks a year between 7.30am and 6:00pm. As a demonstration setting we have superior staffing qualifications with degree qualified teachers in each room. Our group sizes and ratios exceed the regulatory requirements
Macquarie is a university engaged with real opportunities that can define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter (maximum 3 pages) that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification at a Master’s level and extensive experience in the role of Director or Nominated Supervisor
- Recognised Early Childhood Teaching Qualification and teacher accreditation
- Excellent knowledge and application of legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Superior curriculum and pedagogic knowledge that aligns with the philosophy of the Department of Educational Studies
- Demonstrated experience in effective leadership, management and administration of an early childhood setting, including financial management in an early childhood setting
- Evidence of professional involvement within the Early Childhood Education and Care sector (Desirable)
- Experience in teaching and /or research at a higher education institution and holding a postgraduate qualification at Doctoral level (Desirable)
Employment in this position is conditional upon holding a current Working with Children Check. Approved first aid qualification; anaphylaxis management; emergency asthma management are also required.
Specific Role Enquiries: Sandra Cheeseman at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Rohana Nagarajah at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9850-8352
Applications Close: Sunday 21 October, 2018 at 11:55 pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.