Part-Time Mid-level Practitioner, Orthopaedics
****This is a part-time position to include rotating weekends and evening hours*****
Assume responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of physician inpatient care area. Administer medications and special nursing care techniques prescribed for assigned patients. Provides nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
1. Patient care Responsibilities- rooming patients, collecting histories, charting, answering phone calls, completing forms, ordering medications.
2. Clerical Duties- prepping clinics, obtaining test results, updating charts, verifying insurance, obtaining authorizations, coordinating referrals and appointments
3. Fulfills EOCResponsibilities- cleaning exam rooms, ordering and stocking supplies and restocking exam rooms, cleaning exam tables, maintain safe work environment by checking for expired supplies, medications, emptying sharps containers
4. Organizational Duties- promoting patient rights, responding to emergency codes, following HR, Compliance and Joint Commission policies
5. Responsibilities that vary according to state law, which include autoclaving, checking vital signs, suture removal, dressing changes, entering orders based on physician protocols, biohazard waste
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Knowledge of scope of licensed practical nurse.
- Considerable knowledge of the care and treatment of orthopaedic patients and special procedures that apply to practical nursing.
- Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
- Able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Competent in BLS.
- Able to record activities, document interventions.
- Prior experience in Epic.
- Prior experience drawing injections, removing sutures/staples and casting.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
1 year prior experience in clinic setting preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure is required.
- BLS certified.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8-hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in-group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 1000000521
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4521 MLPN
Job Family Level 0
Full Time / Part Time Part-Time
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program and successful completion of an approved Pharmacology program.
No experience required.
KeywoDuke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
rd Search: LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Practical Nurse, Ambulatory, Clinic, Clinical, Outpatient, BLS, Nurse, Nursing, Healthcare, Hospital
Auto req ID 105257BR