Nurse Manager, AC DPC Brier Creek Urgent Care
DUKE PRIMARY CARE BRIER CREEK URGENT CAR
Duke University Health System- seeks to hire a Nurse Manager who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Duke Primary Care - Brier Creek Urgent Care
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: Exempt
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
As a Nurse Manager with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere.
The Nurse Manager will:
- Manage multi-specialty nursing services delivered within a specific clinic.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, orientation, performance appraisals, promotions and scheduling; and counsel and conduct formal discipline of clinical staff.
- Collaborate in the development, implementation and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all staff.
- Analyze, develop and maintain an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum; achieving desired outcomes.
- Promote education for patients, patient families and the community; participate in direct patient care activities as a targeted strategy for role modeling or information gathering.
- Collaborate with nursing colleagues in ambulatory care to promote optimal utilization of nursing resources among the various clinics.
- Identify clinical operational needs; manage appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance.
- Assess the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies (OSHA, JCAHO, etc.).
- Collaborate with Health Center Administrator/Nurse Manager in determining the fiscal requirements of the specific clinic; submit budgetary recommendations, including necessary nursing personnel and patient care materials necessary for the provision of care.
- Cultivate exemplary customer service throughout the organization; promote effective communication skills to include, but not limited to problem solving, assertiveness, and support for team members, feedback, active listening and conflict resolution.
- Develop and implement processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement.
- Develop, document, implement and monitor written policies and procedures reflective of the ambulatory health care site mission settlement and objectives.
- Manage specific clinic in absence of Health Care Administrator/Practice Manager; and be available on-call for emergencies involving the facility, staff members and patients.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (3+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Ambulatory Management Experience strongly preferred
- BSN is required
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Click here for more information
Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in nearly 30 locations throughout the region.
Requisition Number 401495827
Duke Entity DUKE PRIMARY CARE
Job Code 5401 NURSE MANAGER, AC
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required. Master's degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
Three years of nursing experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BCLS certification required. Nurses hired into leadership positions must obtain a leadership certification within three months of hire. New nurse leaders who are ineligible to sit for an exam because they have not been working in a leadership role for the minimum amount of time required must complete their certification within three months of becoming eligible.
Auto req ID