Athletic Trainer, Cary
- The certified athletic trainer in the Duke University Health System serves as a physician extender in the primary care, primary care sports medicine, and/or orthopaedic clinical setting.
- The certified athletic trainer specializes in the delivery of high quality health care to patients of all ages and athletes of all skill levels. The certified athletic trainer is certified by the Board of Certification (NATA BOC) and is licensed
- to practice athletic training in the state of North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Athletic
- Training Examiners (NCBATE). The certified athletic trainer promotes the Duke University Health System within his/her own entity as well as through community outreach initiatives. The certified athletic trainer within the health system serves as an integral part of the healthcare delivery team. The Duke University Health System Values of excellence, safety, integrity, diversity, and teamwork will guide the
- daily responsibilities and outreach efforts put forth by the certified athletic trainer.
Support physician and other clinical / ancillary staff in daily patient care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Physician extender / athletic trainer in a physician office setting experience
- Use of electronic medical record
- One year of experience as a certified athletic trainer preferred, but not required.
Bachelor’s Degree in athletic training or equivalent from a CAATE accredited program is required. Work requires knowledge of the
domains of athletic training: injury/illness prevention and wellness protection, clinical evaluation and diagnosis, immediate and emergency care, treatment and rehabilitation, and organizational and professional well-being. Masters Degree preferred
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification credential is required.
- North Carolina Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners License required (or eligible for licensure).
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 10 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401497228
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4597 ATHLETIC TRAINER
Job Family Level D2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Bachelors degree in athletic training or equivalent from a CAATE accredited program required. Work requires knowledge of the domains of athletic training: injury/illness prevention and wellness protection,clinical evaluation and diagnosis, immediate and emergency care,treatment and rehabilitation, and organizational and professional health and well-being. NATABOC Certification (National Athletic Trainers Association-Board of Certification) is required.
No experience required.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID