Ambulatory Care Nurse II, Brier Creek, Orofacial
Center for Transitional Pain Medicine- Brier Creek
The Duke Innovative Pain Therapies (DIPT) Ambulatory Care Nurse II will independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans or care and established policies and procedures.
Providing nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing in a personalized environment. The Duke Innovative Pain Therapies practice provides optimal comprehensive, collaborative care from our specialists, which include experts in acupuncture and Asian Medicine, Pain Management, Psychology, Neurology, and Dental services performed by a Dentist certified by the American Board of Orofacial Pain.
- Triage patient concerns via phone when needed or in clinic. Evaluate urgent appointment requests and assess objective findings and presentation to determine scheduling needs. Daily resource for the unlicensed care providers/CDAs to triage and assess patient needs and requests that are received via telephone or electronic communication in to the clinic.
- Assist in pain injection procedures requiring sterile set-up and drawing up injectable meds.
- Cleaning and packing instruments for sterilization, room supply stocking, monitor supply and medication inventory and place orders as needed. Performs and documents monthly medication inspection to remove any expired medications from inventory. Complete equipment safety and maintenance logs.
- Cross-trained to assist with other DIPT specialties such as orofacial pain and acupuncture.
- Infection Prevention Liaison and fall champion.
- Patient check-in for clinic appointments – collect and analyze patient data and health assessments prior to patient appointment, make recommendations for nursing care plans, preform nursing care per orders and/or nursing assessment, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately the nursing actions taken and patient response.
- Patient monitoring during and after pain treatment implementation.
- Clinical charge when Nurse Manager is not available.
- Perform patient blood draws.
- Assist other nursing and dental personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader. Give assistance and/or direction to Certified Medical Assistants, Patient Service Associates, to facilitate quality patient flow.
- Perform other job related tasks as delegated by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Telephone Triage experience preferred
- Procedure experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager’s discretion, employees with 6months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must have current and unencumbered North Carolina nursing license
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations
- .Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- .Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401496638
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID