Clinical Social Worker, CAPS
Scope of Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Director of CAPS, the Staff Social Worker will provide clinical services, supervise trainees, and engage with the campus community.
Duties and the approximate % of time to be spent on each duty (or section of duties).
- Provides individual, couples, and group services;
- Participates in the provision of mental health triage services;
- Administers and interprets limited assessment measures;
- Responds to clinical and campus crises;
- Provides supervision and seminars to assigned trainees, including goal setting, evaluations, and disciplinary action in accordance with training policy and procedures;
- Provides campus and community engagement services through liaison relationships with faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and students; and
- Provides campus and community level interventions that address cultural climate issues for oppressed and marginalized groups. 65%
- Follows agency policies and procedures consistent with state mental health statutes, ethical guidelines, best practices, and HIPAA;
- Completes clinical documentation according to CAPS policies and procedures;
- Attends CAPS staff, clinical team, and committee meetings;
- Participates in ongoing staff conversations about the ways marginalization, discrimination, and oppression impact individuals and systems;
- Participates in Student Affairs Committees;
- Attends CAPS sponsored professional development activities;
- As budget allows, represents CAPS on the Duke campus, in the Triangle area, and nationally; and
- Other duties as requested. 35%
- Must have a Master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program;
- Licensed or immediately eligible (post-degree hours complete) for licensure in the state of North Carolina; and
- Experience in a student mental health agency or relevant healthcare or social service setting.
- This is an early-career position, so the candidate must have been licensed for five or less years to be considered.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience working international populations, especially those from Asian, South Asian, and Middle Eastern/North African countries; Latinx populations; and transgender communities is desired, as well as those who have demonstrated experience and skills working with Jewish or Muslim students; and
- Bi-lingual language skills are strongly preferred.
Clinical Additional Job-Specific Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates experience and capability to work as part of a highly cohesive and multidisciplinary team in a university counseling center and with professionals in other campus units;
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills that facilitate organizational health;
- Demonstrates a commitment to self-awareness and desire for growth related to intersectionality and the ways marginalization, discrimination, and oppression impact individuals and systems; and
- Experience in the provision of crisis intervention and consultation is essential.
Requisition Number 401496964
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 2090 CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
Job Family Level 13
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Master's degree from an accredited school of socialwork .Current licensure as a licensed clinical social worker by the NCSocial Work and Certification and Licensure Board.
Three or more years of social work experience in a health care settingor social service agency with one of three years may be social workinternship. Two years recent post master's experience in a clinicalsetting preferred
Auto req ID