The Stanford University School of Medicine continuing medical education (CME) program promotes continuous improvement in patient health care by providing physicians and other health care professionals with high quality, evidence-based educational activities focusing on advances in medicine, new medical technology, biomedical research, and changes in the health care environment. The overall goal of the program is to augment physician knowledge, enhance competence and performance in practice, and ultimately improve patient outcomes. To learn more about our educational programs, please visit us at http://cme.stanford.edu.
The Stanford Center for Continuing Medical Education is seeking a Conference Coordinator (Events Planner 2). Reporting to the Conference Operations Manager, the Conference Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing professional development conferences, workshops, and initiatives designed for targeted members of the healthcare community.
This includes, but is not limited to, knowledgeably promoting and supporting the department’s programs, managing and coordinating all logistical aspects of assigned CME programs & courses and handling a wide variety of internal and external communication. The position requires strong project management skills, marketing experience, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will be instrumental to planning, and marketing conferences as well as developing creative solutions to deliver the evolving educational models and formats. This position requires extended and weekend work hours based on the needs of the conferences. *This position is not scheduled to move to Stanford Redwood City. JCC 4883/Grade G.
- Experience in planning and coordinating health education or professional conferences.
- Knowledge and understanding of accreditation compliance (continuing medical education/continuing professional development or related field).
- Experience with various software and technical tools for project management tracking (e.g. SmartSheet, Monday, Asana) and online survey instruments (e.g. Qualtrics, Survey Monkey).
- Experience with a learning management system (e.g. CME Tracker, CloudCME)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop and InDesign) is a plus.
- Certification in meeting planning is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education, training, and relevant experience such as, planning events, conferences, programs etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated success managing event teams and planning, developing budgets, and meeting budget goals.
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to manage complex timelines and multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to cultivate partnerships.
- Demonstrated high level of confidence in making strategic decisions, good judgment, and innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs.
- Ability to interact with a broad spectrum of customers.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Valid Non-Commercial Class California Driver's License.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, use a telephone.
- Occasionally kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, and grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Drive vehicle day and/or night with non-commercial license.
- Frequently use a telephone or participate in video conferences.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours, evenings or weekends.
- May travel locally or nationally
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, is one of the world’s leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.