Hematologic Malignancies & Cell Therapy
- Front desk, reception desk.
- Switchboard phones, deliveries (UPS, FEDEX), office supply ordering for administrative offices.
- Stocking 3 office supply kitchen locations for administrative offices.
- Mail pick up/distribution daily.
- Maintain mailbox names (add/delete).
- Key manager for division (order keys, new hires / terminations).
- Maintain conference room reservations/confirmations on Floor 5, North Pavilion Building.
- 3 rooms.
- 1 of 3 people authorized to do this task.
- Set up meetings AV equipment.
- Clean up conference rooms post-meeting.
- Order food / delivery for meetings as requested.
- Web ex set up.
- Order parking passes for division.
- Submit maintenance work orders for administrative floor.
- Submit OIT orders for new employees (computers, telephones, printers,building access).
- Add names to printers & order printer supplies for administrative floor).
- Prepare correspondence.
- Dictation as requested.
- Maintain 8 separate email directories and master telephone directory for program.
- 400 + employees.
- Daily Incoming fax distribution.
- 3 high-volume machines.
- Fed ex out prescriptions or authorization patient forms.
- Process medical record requests.
- Send out patient notes/summaries through EPIC as requested.
- Clear procurement charges.
- Process travel and business related reimbursements.
- Create purchase orders.
- Prepare deposits received from donations to division.
- Assist with special events i.e. typing and large scale mailing.
New Patient Binders:
- Order packets through Fed Ex on line program.
- Order supplies (binders,side inserts, tabs).
- Copy additional documents.
- Update quarterly.
Requisition Number 401496868
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 708 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 07
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires two years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID