Perform routine and complex procedures to obtain data for use in the diagnosis of clinical disorders of the nervous system in at least one of the following modalities of Neurodiagnostics: Electroencephalography(EEG), Evoked Potentials (EP), Epilepsy Monitoring (CLTM).
- Perform one of the following END study: EEG or Evoked Potentials.
- Explains testing procedure to patient and family using age appropriate guidelines.
- Accurately takes and documents a pertinent history from the patient or chart.
- Sets-up patient for appropriate study to include: patient, paperwork,room and equipment.
- Runs study with appropriate documentation on study, observation of the patient, troubleshooting equipment and physiological artifacts,distinguishing normal from abnormal and utilizing appropriate resources to perform study.
- Recognizes and takes appropriate action to respond to evolving patient care needs.
- Demonstrates proper cleaning procedures for the patient, room and equipment after each study.
- Utilizes down time for training, cleaning equipment and reading educational materials.
- Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge to different testing situations to include regular participation in the on-call schedule,working independently on 2nd, 3rd and weekend shifts and EEG OR.
- Performs needed maintenance on equipment to include communication of problem to co-workers, appropriate vendor or the supervisor.
- Perform all duties of the Level 1.
- Perform two of the following END studies: EEG, Evoked Potentials,Epilepsy Monitoring, and float resource to the sleep lab.
- Maintains registry in one of the following areas: EEG or Evoked Potentials.
- Has computer skills to correct duplicate file names, incorrect history numbers, starting patients under the wrong names, networking issues,lost files, appending patient studies, etc.
- Develops Clinical Standards and protocols.
- Perform all duties of the Level 1 and 2.
- Perform three of the following END studies: EEG, Evoked Potentials,Epilepsy Monitoring, Epilepsy OR, and float resource to the sleep lab.
- Maintains registry in one of the following areas: EEG, Evoked Potentials, or Epilepsy Monitoring.
- Troubleshoots equipment and lab issues independently, considered an equipment super user.
- Generate requisitions for patient studies.
- Processes daily charges.
- Perform minimum number of hours designated a year as charge tech.
Performs one modality of Neurodiagnostics, 10 hours of CE,selects 2 choices from a list of options for professional growth (e.g.,member of national organization, committee work).
Performs two modalities of Neurodiagnostics, 12 hours of CE,selects 3 choices from a list of options for professional growth and maintains clinical ladder requirements.
Performs three modalities of Neurodiagnostics, 16 hours of CE,selects 5 choices from a list of options for professional growth and maintains clinical ladder requirements.
Requisition Number 401489869
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4576 NEURODIAGNOSTIC TECH
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level 1 Associate's degree in a health related field or a Bachelor's degree required. Level 2 Associate's degree in a health related field or a Bachelor's degree required. Level 3 Associate's degree in a health related field or a Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a health related field.
6 months of direct patient care experience preferred OR 2 years of non- patient care healthcare experience.
2 years experience in Neurodiagnostic Technology required.
5 years experience in Neurodiagnostic Technology with a minimum of one year in Neurodiagnostic Technology at Duke required. A bachelor's degree can substitute for two years of experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Competency and/or registry in one modality of Neurodiagnostic Technology preferred.
Competency in two modalities of Neurodiagnostic Technology required. Registry in one modality required.
Competency in three modalities of Neurodiagnostic Technology required. Registry in one modality required. Two registries preferred.
Auto req ID