Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Anatomy
- Opportunity to deliver outstanding tuition and provide distinctive research
- Full time, continuing opportunity in the largest school within UNSW Medicine
- Location – UNSW Randwick, NSW, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The School of Medical Sciences (SoMS) is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) Building on the Kensington campus, but also includes the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick.
The Department of Anatomy within the School of Medical Sciences and teaches to students in the 6-year medical program at UNSW. Each year of the program may have as many as 280 students who may be based at 4 metropolitan or 4 rural campuses. The teaching of metropolitan students in the senior years (3 to 6) consists of lectures and tutorial/practical classes on advanced clinical anatomy in the Gross Anatomy Laboratory at UNSW, delivered to groups of 70 or 140 students and repeated throughout the academic year. The emphasis is on medical imaging and the clinical correlation of advanced anatomy. Clinical Anatomy teaching to Rural Clinical School campuses is undertaken by a combination of online resources (adaptive tutorials and video demonstrations) and local clinician instruction. The role reports to Head of Anatomy and has no direct reports.
In this position you will contribute to the delivery of high quality teaching in Anatomy and enhance the School's research profile. The appointee will design, convene, deliver and evaluate courses focused on Anatomy (topographical and/or neuroanatomy). The appointee will continue to develop their research profile and be able to demonstrate fit and potential of their long-term research agenda to enhance the School's and Faculty’s research profile.
Further appointment details include:
- Salary Range: Level C/D $125,000-164,000 plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- This is a continuing, full time position
About the successful applicant
- PhD Degree in anatomy, preferably with clinical experience and/or qualification in health care, or medical imaging.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education, including delivery of high quality teaching, curriculum development and professional development.
- Demonstrated experience in research with a publication record in recognised journals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including proven ability to proactively interact, collaborate with staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated high level written communication and presentation skills, including development of modern educational material at the tertiary education level.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
In addition for a Level D appointment:
- record of outstanding leadership and achievements in learning, teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in a University or professional setting.
- Recognised research leader with outstanding research record as evidenced by research funding, publications and successful higher degree supervision.
- Evidence of effective professional engagement and service to the field and community.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as evidenced by publications and presentations for academic and key stakeholder groups.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Nalini Pather, Head of Department (Anatomy)
T: (61 2) 9385 8025
Applications close: 11 pm on the 21st October 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity