Professor and Director, Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology
- Challenge yourself in a key research leadership role
- Prestigious Joint Appointment with Monash Health and Monash University
- Vision to be Australia’s leading clinical research centre in developmental psychiatry and psychology
About the Role
A prestigious opportunity exists through a joint appointment with Monash Health and Monash University to provide clinical and research leadership in Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology.
About Monash Health
Monash Health, the largest health service in Victoria, provides a breadth and depth of healthcare across south-eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services, as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities in one organisation. Our health service provides access to public health services for a greater community of 1.3 million residents or 24 per cent of Victoria’s population.
About Monash University
Monash University, Australia’s largest university, is a university of transformation, progress and optimism. Our people are our most valued asset, with our academics among the best in the world and our professional staff revolutionising the way we operate as an organisation.
About the Departments
The Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences is the University's largest research faculty. World-class researchers work across disciplines including laboratory-based medical science, applied clinical research, and social and public health research. The faculty is home to a number of leading medical and biomedical research institutes and groups, and has contributed to advances in many crucial areas. Its expertise in life sciences and biomedicine is recognised both nationally and internationally.
The Department of Psychiatry is a Department of the School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health, which provides academic leadership in teaching and research embedded within the University’s activities at campuses of Monash Health. In partnership with Monash Health it runs a strong postgraduate psychiatry training program.
The Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology (CDPP) is one of these research units. It was established in 1989 as a joint clinical research and teaching centre of Monash University and Monash Health. It has the vision to be Australia’s leading clinical research centre in developmental psychiatry and psychology.
Applications will be welcomed from candidates with:
- Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or an equivalent postgraduate qualification
- Specialist recognition by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency in Psychiatry
- Ability to meet Monash Health credentialing and scope of practice requirements
- A higher research degree, or equivalent research achievement as demonstrated by published work and research grant success
Professor David Clarke, Program Director of Psychiatry, phone + 61 3 9792 7505, firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor David Kissane, Head of Department of Psychiatry, phone +61 3 9594 1477, email email@example.com
All enquiries will be held in confidence.
Applications via https://www.jobs.monashhealth.org/ Reference number 26384 by closing date of Monday 29 October 2018, 11:55 pm AEDT.