Guest Relations Coordinator
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Reporting to the Director, Hotel Operations & Membership, this position will handle, respond to, and service the inquiries, reservations, and special requests by Athenaeum members and guests.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, updating the reservation system database, promoting Athenaeum special events where appropriate.
This position will work various shifts including day, swing and rotating overnight.
This position will answer phones, make reservations for the hotel/dining room/tennis courts, check in and check out of guests, answer member inquiries regarding payments and other questions pertaining to The Athenaeum.
Schedule will vary on a rotating weekly basis including evenings, weekends and overnight.
The Athenaeum is located on the Caltech campus. It is a very exciting and beautiful place to work, with its private club/country club environment and its upscale Hotel.
For more information on The Athenaeum, please visit The Athenaeum’s website https://www.athenaeumcaltech.com/
- Answer phones, make reservations for the hotel, dining room and tennis courts, check-in and check-out guests, answer member inquiries regarding payments and other questions pertaining to The Athenaeum
- Enter hotel and dining reservations in the respective reservations systems
- Work as a team with other front desk staff in maintaining room availability records and members and guests personal accounts via automated reservation system
- Process and post member and guest charges and collect payments upon check-out
- Work as a team with other front desk staff in researching member account numbers to reconcile guest folio charges and billing issues
- Record dining reservations received via phone, email, or at the front desk from members and guests
- Respond to club Membership inquiries
- Market and promote special events at The Athenaeum to members and guests whenever opportunities occur, both over the phone and in person
- Responsible for all telephone calls received on The Athenaeum’s trunk line, including routing calls to members, guests, or staff as required
- Receive and/or deliver messages, mail, or parcels to members, guests, or staff as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 or more years of experience in a service industry
- Must have basic computer skills including MS Word, Excel and POS data systems with accurate typing and 10 key
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and experience providing high level customer service in a professional manner
- Must be able to work under limited supervision and perform multiple assignments in a dynamic workplace environment
- Basic accounting skills
- Hotel or private club experience
- Experience with hotel industry software is a plus.