CO Clinic Manager
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OG
Starting Salary Range: $46,527-$64,000
Employee group: Full-Time
Schedule: Working 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 24-MD:JH at Greenspring Station
Department name: 10002805-SOM DOM Cardiology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The Clinic Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of Cardiology at Green Spring Station (GSS) under the guidance of the Division’s Ambulatory Services Manager. This position has operations management and financial responsibility and works collaboratively with the Division leadership team to meet clinical practice goals and objectives.
The Clinic Manager will proactively assess and implement appropriate processes to ensure that all facets of clinic practice management are effectively addressed. To include: scheduling efficiency, complete and accurate registration, timely and accurate physician/hospital billing, payor contracting compliance, insurance referral and preauthorization requirements, medical records management, patient relations, physician practice preferences, environmental safety, regulatory compliance, and program marketing for all departments/service lines operating within the GSS Cardiology clinic.
The Clinic Manager will work closely with the Division’s Ambulatory Services Manager to prepare financial reports and clinical budgets. The Clinic Manager will work with the Division’s HR Generalist and the Medical Office Supervisor to train and oversee administrative and office support staff. The ability to work in a team environment is essential to this position.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the day-to-day clinical operations of Cardiology at GSS. Assure that the clinic is appropriately staffed to meet operational needs. Works with administrative and physician leadership to establish policies and procedures where changes are needed.
- Manage clinic support staff
- Recruit and hire new staff
- Orient and train new staff; schedule JHOC training and manage certification via Aspen system
- Ensure that staff achieve success on annual competency assessments
- Conduct performance appraisals utilizing applicable Johns Hopkins University (JHU) and Johns Hopkins Hospital (JHH) performance management tools.
- Ensure that employee HR files meet JCAHO requirements for documentation.
- Oversee individual employee development and training
- Conduct progressive employee disciplinary activity as needed.
2. Develop and implement clinical processes
- Referral/ authorization management
- Collecting and updating patient demographic data
- Scheduling functions
- Process of clinical bills
- Coordinate with Ambulatory Manager processes to improve front-desk registration functions for Genetic patients
- Create and update providers templates via EPIC and Qgenda
- Ensure coverage for clinic and assist with cancellation of clinics
- Resolve scheduling conflicts, monitor room utilization, and maintain clinic patient flow.
- Assist patients and providers with Billing concerns
- Inform Self-pay patients of time of service payment requirements
- Financially advise patients of deductible and co-pay requirements
- Serve as liaison for patients and providers with the billing department to resolve billing discrepancies
- Resolve patients, staff, and providers concerns with clinical issues (i.e. scheduling, urgent appointment request, coding, etc.)
- Manage patient complaints, investigating all perspectives of situations and providing formal reports for JHH Patient Relations Department. Implement corrective actions, as indicated, to ensure that the problems are not replicated. Ensure that staff and/or providers are informed of appropriate future actions.
3. Responsible for management of clinical budget utilizing SAP and spreadsheet software.
- Process purchase request for clinical supplies and equipment via SAP
- Review budget for discrepancies and report journal entry request to Budget Analyst
- Monthly reconciliation of clinical budget
4. Completes all monthly and clinical reports utilizing database and spreadsheet software
- Charge Check
- Rejected billing reports
- Clinical tracking reports as requested (i.e., statistics, utilization, tracking, etc.)
- Responsible for education of staff on insurance requirements, coding and billing updates, clinical compliance, JCAHO requirements
5. Attend all required training as mandated by JHU and Human Resources
- Creation and maintenance of database to track current status of all required licenses, certification and required training
- Collaborate with Director in updating and ensuring accurate job descriptions are maintained within all clinical employee files
6. Responsible for maintaining attendance records for case-management meetings
- Track and submit quarterly attendance report to Director
7. Responsible for management of GSS Cardiology clinic budget
- Process travel and expense reimbursements for clinical staff utilizing SAP
- Process invoices for payment utilizing SAP (i.e. Nixon, Iron Mountain, Office Depot and all invoices payable via GSS Cardiology Clinic budget
- Process requisition of special purchase requests for GSS Cardiology Clinic Administrative Office (i.e. furniture, Business cards, special office supplies and equipment) utilizing SAP
- Ensure that purchases and reimbursements are posted to correctly
- Complete monthly reconciliation of activities utilizing database and SAP
- Monitors monthly expenditure statements for budgets and prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval by the Ambulatory Service Manager and the Assistant Administrator.
- Assists in the development of the annual clinical operating budget.
- Coordinate travel arrangements when requested (lodging and transportation)
8. Attendance of monthly staff meetings
- Develop and distribute yearly schedule, reserve dates for conference room
- Work with Director to develop agenda items.
- Prepare handouts and special instructions for distribution with agenda
- Record and distribute minutes
- Attends monthly JHM Practice Management Meetings.
9. Responsible for maintenance and distribution of office and clinical staff directory and forms
- Development and implementation of GSS Cardiology Clinic Office procedures
- Responsible for coordination of office staff relocation, office rearrangement via facility, storage utilization, telephone request
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Care Management or related discipline required.
- 3 years of related experience required.
- Requires an understanding of changing reimbursement policies and third party reimbursement.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Additional education may be substitute for experience, and additional experience may substitute for education, to extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: