Director of Benefits, Strategy and Service
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30AM-5PM
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 03-MD:Eastern High Campus
Department name: 10000098-Human Resources
Personnel area: University Administration
This role will report to the Senior Director, Benefits and Work life. Supporting all participant facing communications, service and engagement in support of all benefit and work life programs and initiatives. In addition this role will handle all project management of programing in support of benefit and work life programs.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic Project Management for All Benefit and Work Life initiatives.
- Identify and Provide strategic solutions to University Initiatives.
- Identify trends and opportunities for Benefits and Worklife program growth and improvement and bring these to the attention of leadership.
- Manage all faculty and staff facing communication, service and engagement of health, welfare, retirement and work life programs.
- Recommend strategic efficiencies to support all benefit and work life programs.
- Ensure company compliance with provisions of ERISA, ACA, and other legislative requirements; support preparation of regulatory filings with federal and state agencies, including IRS, DOL, and other regulatory agencies.
- Manage administration of benefit processes including new hire and life event elections, payroll coordination, work life programs and COBRA administration.
- Manage the team who will respond and resolve employee benefit queries/issues while interfacing with benefit vendors and third party administrators.
- Evaluate and further develop policies and processes relating to well-being; manage health and wellness programs and initiatives.
- Manage communication and outreach initiatives for benefit and work life programs.
- Oversee and manage Benefits Service Team.
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant Benefits/HR experience
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with all levels of staff
- Maintain confidentiality while working independently and as part of the HR team
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to complete projects within deadline
- Ability to analyze information and matters and apply sound judgment to develop resolutions
- Solid project management skills with the ability to balance and prioritize workload and multiple projects
- 8 initial direct reports
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: