Clinical Social Worker, Smoking Cessation Program
Smoking Cessation Program
Smoking Cessation Program
The Duke Smoking Cessation Program is seeking a Clinical Social Worker to provide care for adults who require tobacco use treatment. The Social Worker will work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health care team to provide direct patient care services for patients.
- Interview patients to obtain history, specifically focused on tobacco use
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families
- Develop and implement psychosocial treatment plan
- Provide consultative services to healthcare team members as needed
- Provide patient and family education around issues related to smoking cessation
- Clinical documentation in Epic system
- Review of lab and test results from internal and external sources
- Participate in research projects conducted by supervising physician
- Identify/enroll patients in clinical research with Duke Center for Smoking Cessation
- Participate in quality improvement efforts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Desire to work with patient population with need or desire to quit smoking.
- Prior experience working with a smoking cessation program
- Prior public health research experience, specifically with tobacco use and clinical health outcomes
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires a Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited school of social work and licensure or eligible for licensure as a Clinical Social Worker in the state of North Carolina (LCSW or LCSWA).
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Experience in mindfulness-based treatments preferred. Experience in addiction treatment strongly preferred OR AN
EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION
Certified as a Tobacco Treatment Specialist (CTTS) or eligible for certification, including being at least 6 months tobacco free and remaining tobacco free for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 15 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 15 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401496239
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 5028 CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
Job Family Level F1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Level I and Level II Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work .
Level I Three or more years of social work experience in a health care setting or social service agency with one of three years may be social work internship. Two years recent post master's experience in a clinical setting preferred.
Level II Same as Level I plus five years post master's experience in a health care or social service agency. Experience in leadership and supervising.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID