Financial Analyst III
Plan, develop, and coordinate the preparation of financial analyses and reports, including but not limited to, financial statements, operational budgets, statistical reports and cost analyses.
CPA strongly preferred
- Provide support to Duke Hospital operational departments by preparing financial statements and analytical tools.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Prepare and coordinate the distribution of various reports and analyses for management and external agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of the operational budget; review and analyze departmental budget requests.
- Advise departments regarding changes in budgets to meet University, Hospital and Medical Center requirements.
- Assist with monitoring budget expenditures and prepare written reports and analyses to management setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Maintain strong partnerships with departmental business managers and administrative staff to support informed decision-making and problem resolution.
- Provide information to various external agencies and professional organizations concerning fiscal operations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401496168
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5043 FINANCIAL ANALYST III
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field.
CPA is desirable.
Work requires a minimum of six years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID