Educator/Quality Control, Sterile Processing
DN STERILE PROCESSING
General Description of the Job Class
The Educator/Quality Control, Sterile Processing will plan, design and monitor procedures for a variety of activities relating to the processing, manufacturing and sterilization of surgical/medical equipment, supplies and materials to assure compliance with quality and safety standards. Develop a Training certification program (Duke Certification) for sterile processing personnel on the proper techniques in decontamination, assembly, sterilization, and distribution of sterile processing products and services. Maintain appropriate documentation on all related information systems for the purpose of implementing training procedures for personnel. Establish and maintain a liaison with the operating room management and staff on tray rightsizing and the proper techniques for processing trays in the operating room in preparation for decontamination.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Develop, administer, monitor and review procedures for sterilization and aeration of surgical and medical equipment, material and supplies to assure compliance with hospital and regulatory agencies standards.
- Develop, administer, monitor and review all biological control culturing procedures for sterilizers to ensure equipment is operating according to standard.
- Read and abstract regulations promulgated by appropriate regulatory agencies to determine standards set by those agencies; update and/or revise operational policies, procedures and standards of Sterile Processing to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies requirements.
- Establish, maintain and monitor a control system for all material and equipment prepared and issued by Sterile Processing to provide a tracking system in the event a recall becomes necessary.
- Maintain liaison between relevant Medical Center professional staff and Sterile Processing to advise on quality processing of equipment and other materials.
- Provide feedback to Operating room leadership through daily interaction, documentation and issue resolution.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions. Prepare reports and data relative to monthly errors and quality improvements
- Develop, conduct and coordinate training program for staff in-service education.
- Develop and maintain all policies and procedures for areas of work performed in Sterile processing.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401495936
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4599 EDUCATOR/QUALITY CNTL., STERILE PROC
Job Family Level D2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
High School degree required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
Work requires a minimum of four years of experience as a surgical technologist or sterile processing technician to include at least two years direct experience in the sterilization of medical/surgical equipment. Experience with writing policies and procedures.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID