SAA is now accepting applications for a Director of Marketing Strategy and Operations. We are seeking an experienced professional who has mastered marketing disciplines (especially email marketing, marketing automation, digital promotion) and operational management. This Director will consult with SAA program leaders, collaborate on marketing strategies and deploy/ optimize marketing programs. This role will also oversee the operational management of the marketing team: aligning spend to goals, improving our efficiency and driving a metric-driven approach to marketing.
- Leadership and management of marketing strategists
- Formulate, execute and analyze marketing programs
- Consult and advise the program leads, bringing new strategies and approaches to SAA programs.
- Leverage new marketing automation platform and adjust internal processes to extract maximum value
- Expand SAA digital marketing to better utilize SEM/SEO, paid social
- Evolve and implement email campaign management approach
- Develop customer journeys to help guide marketing investment
- Lead marketing research to provide insights to better understand the customer and his/her motivations, needs
- Own the customer experience with regards to how we communicate, listen and interact (does not encompass experience related to program/event)
- Coordinate and oversee marketing research and insight work
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and minimum 10 years of relevant experience in senior marketing position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven track record in digital marketing
- Emphasis in loyalty, installed base or relationship marketing is appreciated
- A passion for innovative ways to engage an established audience (vs. attracting net new audience)
- Experience with marketing automation platforms and ability to leverage its capabilities for maximum effect
- Deep knowledge of email marketing, web marketing
- Understanding of strategies to attract, grow and engage digital audiences including, but not limited to, using social media, paid promotion, search, third-party aggregators, and content partnerships .
- Experience drawing insights from data and analytics to inform product/service strategies and define and achieve success .
Certifications and Licenses:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the email marketing/marketing automation and current and anticipated trends.
- Demonstrated ability to advise/direct improvements in marketing programs and/or create superior programs in their place
- Commitment to proactively solving problems and contributing solutions.
- Ability to leverage platform developments to help an organization.
- Operates independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience contributing to highly-functioning teams.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the university will provide reasonable accommodation
any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.to
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable university policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.