Financial Literacy Program Manager
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Stanford University’s Mind Over Money program is growing and we are looking for a professional who is passionate about financial literacy to join our team! If you have program management skills, thrive in a proactive environment, and enjoy working with students, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Under minimal supervision, assist with the development, execution and publicizing of Mind Over Money financial literacy programming for Stanford students. Support cross-functional collaboration across the University. Responsible for delivering the program within scope, on time, and within budget.
Execute program plan definition and detailed rollout schedule, including collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and manage collaborative project plans for programming and events
- Execute programming including events, publicity, and awareness campaigns
- Manage the Haven Money Management Tool
- Manage the Mind Over Money website
- Recruit, train, and oversee student workers
- Manage program mailing list(s)
- Manage staff relations across campus
- Design and produce digital and physical informational materials
Collaborate with team to develop and execute a campus awareness plan, assessing, and revising as necessary to meet goals.
- Act as liaison with staff across campus to build awareness of and engagement with the program
- Collaborate with campus partners and student staff to implement programming and integrate program resources into student life
- Make oral and written presentations regarding the program as well as financial literacy topics
- Write, edit, and schedule program communications
Deliver an experience that leads to high customer satisfaction and advocacy for the program.
Actively participate in efforts to improve processes, programs and business across the department.
- Make recommendations for improvements, changes, and/or additions to programming
- Create content as needed
- Write and edit reports for management or supporters as needed
- Conduct surveys; analyze survey and usage data
Conduct analysis and make recommendations regarding the direction of the program or product.
- Conduct industry research and literature reviews
- Regularly report survey and data summaries and conclusions to the team
- Track product/program progress against goals and schedule
Coordinate with vendors and consultants on specific programs.
- Coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of product/program elements.
- Manage program invoice and expense approval processes
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with managing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of personal finance concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of various marketing elements (e.g. audience, channels, communication).
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the target audience lifecycle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
Experience a culture of excellence.
Stanford University, located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.