The department of neurosurgery is looking for a nurse coordinator with some supervisory experience or interest (potential) to join our practice at New London. The New London location I staffed by 2 neurosurgeons and two PAs. The program is a robust and successful program focusing on neurosurgical spine with some cranial work.
The ideal candidate will be an outstanding team player who would be focused on providing top notch compassionate care, education and support for patients and families at our New London Location. The Nurse Coordinator will also be the main point of contact for our sub-specialty teams in New Haven and will be part of the larger neurosurgical program spread throughout the state.
- Performs physical assessments of patients, including triage duties and advises on treatment or course of action by having knowledge of nursing care standards and principles.
- Develops, implements, and manages nursing care plans in collaboration with physicians.
- Interviews patients and records medical history to establish data for treatment plan.
- Plans and coordinates the admission and discharge of all patients.
- Instructs patients and families in proper treatment and advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Performs patient care procedures by following appropriate policy and procedure.
- Records patients’ medical histories and symptoms, operates medical machinery, administers treatment and medications, and coordinates patient follow-up and rehabilitation; assures all procedures for maintaining patient confidentiality are maintained per HIPAA guidelines.
- Identifies education needed to assure competent delivery of patient care for oneself and others in the department.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Graduation from accredited school of nursing.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability in neuroscience discipline with experience in spine and spinal cord preferred.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Proven record of providing compassionate patient and family centered care.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience, interest or potential for supervisory role or training preferred.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut or Connecticut license eligible. Current CPR certification.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.