Strategic Service Associate
Contribute to the achievement of Medical, Surgical and Critical Care Services and the DUH mission through the development and leadership of performance improvement activities in the operational and/or clinical arenas. Assure continual compliance with regulations, safety, and quality standards through the design and implementation of strategies to enhance patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Plan activities aimed at improving the hospital's performance in operations or clinical quality.
- Identify opportunities for improved performance. Analyze data to identify adverse trends and/or undesirable performance.
- Utilize performance improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Serve as a project manager for interdisciplinary teams.
- Establish performance targets.
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing performance.
- Evaluate effectiveness of improvement strategy through sustained monitoring of performance.
- Contribute to the establishment of performance improvement priorities for departments, functional units and for the organization as a whole.
- Support organization's efforts to maintain compliance with regulations and accreditation standards. Monitor compliance through formal and informal processes. Recognize opportunities for improving compliance.
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing compliance.
- Evaluate effectiveness of improvement strategy through sustained monitoring of performance. Increase organizational understanding of performance improvement methodologies and principles and compliance through the support of and participation in formal and informal professional development activities.
- Serve as an expert resource on performance improvement and compliance as it relates to organizational role.
- Produce reports and presentations on performance improvement and compliance.
- Develop, maintains and enhances knowledge through orientation, self- evaluation and professional development.
- Responsibilities may include varying levels of strategic planning and human and fiscal resource management.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with customers/staff with diverse educational backgrounds
- Analysis of data and processes for opportunities for improvement
- Ability to manage numerous diverse projects simultaneously through effective priority setting, efficient use of time, organization Knowledge of accreditation standards and regulations related to health care
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer literacy
Requisition Number 401488748
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5102 STRATEGIC SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelors degree in a business or health-related field is required.
Minimum of 5 years work experience, including 3 years of experience with significant responsibility for performance/ process improvement. Experience leading work teams required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID