Marketing Communications Associate
The Marketing Communications Associate is a member of a team that engages in strategic marketing for The Fuqua School of Business. This position is responsible for producing a wide range of writing and editorial marketing projects while working closely with a team of designers, subject matter experts, production managers and web developers. The position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write and edit compelling marketing content for websites, advertisements, emails, direct mail, email, landing pages, newsletters, brochures, white papers, case studies, and other marketing campaigns/collateral
- Participate in the campaign development process from concept to execution
- Demonstrate creativity and attention to accuracy and detail
- Create and administer content management and project communications plans
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to ensure that expectations are met on a per project basis in terms of content, quality, and turnaround time.
- Work well under tight deadlines and be able to maintain productive and professional relationships with coworkers, students, alumni and other stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English, communications, or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience producing marketing content for multiple channels (including social media), five years preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of branding, advertising, and marketing principles
- Experience with Content Management Systems (e.g., Drupal), WordPress, & marketing automation software (e.g., Exact Target or Salesforce) strongly preferred
- Must be a self-starter with strong project management skills
- Ability to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously and to work under firm deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Good sense for how content, design, form/function, navigation and/or usability work together for effective communication across various channels
- Experience creating and leveraging compelling infographics
- Understands web marketing concepts such as retargeting, SEM and SEO; and understands and uses Google Analytics
- Interest in photography, videography or an eye for design preferred
Note: The above job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of assignments that may be given to any employee, nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely listed in this description.
Requisition Number 401496164
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 1268 PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC, SENIOR
Job Family Level 12
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires the ability to perform creative writing and related activities such as conducting interviews and research, and copy editing normally acquired through attainment of a bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or a related discipline.
Work requires two years of directly related writing experience OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID