MR Physicist, Human Imaging Research Facility
1 day left
- Full Time
- Exciting opportunity in a new research imaging facility
- Support and collaborate on projects with leading researchers, clinical and industry partners
- Located in the UNSW/Randwick medical precinct
The Human Imaging Research Facility is a new strategic initiative being developed by UNSW in collaboration with South East Sydney Local Health District/Prince of Wales Hospital (POWH) and Neuroscience Research Australia (NeuRA). The Facility will initially comprise two 3T MRI systems, a Magnetom Vida at POWH and a Magnetom Prisma at NeuRA, in purpose-designed, newly refurbished space and will support both current research and future research directions under the UNSW 2025 Strategy.
The synergy between leading academic, research and health care institutions, including the Sydney Children’s Hospital and the Royal Hospital for Women, will provide researchers with state-of-the-art imaging capabilities for world-class basic, translational and clinical research in an integrated clinical setting. There will be a particular research focus on brain sciences and cancer. It is envisioned that the Facility will grow to accommodate the future research needs of the three partners and their strategic alliances, as well as the Randwick Campus Redevelopment.
- Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (Level B or C) appointment (depending on research track record and experience)
- $103,047 - $143,593 + 17% superannuation + leave loading
- 3-year Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Facility Director and working with clinician researchers and research scientists, you will primarily support MR research in the fields of brain sciences and cancer, including the development of MR protocols, pulse sequences and image processing methods, relevant to new and ongoing imaging projects. Additionally, you will provide expertise in MRI safe practices, data quality assurance and assists in staff education and training. The MR Physicist will support, develop and/or lead a wide variety of research projects, collaborate with clinical and industry partners, contribute to the presentation and publication of scientific work and help apply for research grants.
About the Successful Applicant
You have a PhD in Biomedical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Biomedical Physics / Imaging Physics or similar and significant experience with the operation and management of MR scanners, including data management and quality assurance as well as substantial knowledge of the physics and technology of MR Imaging.
If contributing to world-class research in an integrated clinical setting is of interest to you, please submit your cover letter, CV and responses to selection criteria nominated in the position description.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
t: +61 2 9385 2401
Applications close 11 pm AEST, Monday 22nd October 2018
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term General Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney