Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OC
Starting Salary Range: $13.23- $18.23
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Varies as Needed
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003009-SOM Ortho General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Provides administrative secretarial support to Medical Training Program Administrator including special projects, correspondence, maintain Outlook calendar, event planning, and data compilation. Performs general secretarial duties such as answering telephones, photocopying and distributing information, mailings, filing, and similar duties as assigned. May perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of Education Administrator to coordinate special projects and events for residents.
- Uses personal computer to create spreadsheets, scan and save electronic files, mail merges, maintain lists, and produce various reports. Also accesses e-mail, electronic calendars and other basic office support software.
- Retrieves, sorts and distributes mail (and faxes)
- Solicits bids from caterers for events
- Orders breakfast for resident programs
- Prepares and forwards Grand Rounds and other announcements as needed
- Secures conference rooms
- Types routine correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy using personal computer.
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages.
- Picks up and delivers materials as required.
Other Duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- Must currently be enrolled in High School/High School Diploma/ GED.
- 6 months related experience.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: