Sterile Processing Tech II
DN STERILE PROCESSING
Sterile Processing Certification and/or experience is highly preferred
Responsible for decontamination, assembly of linen packs, operation of steam, EtO and other forms of sterilization as well as all monitoring processes included with same. Maintain adequate inventory for assembly of instruments and equipment. Perform multiple tasks that assist in the daily operation of all units as well as being responsible for customer service.
In addition to responsibilities noted in Sterile Processing Technician I:
- Perform and participate in the decontamination, sterilization of instruments, medical supplies and equipment.
- Assembling and wrapping of medical/surgical material to include, but not limited to, linen, instruments and equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure a sterile and functioning supply of materials.
- Prepare trays for designated areas according to prescribed procedures.
- Wrap and/or package items for specified areas according to procedures prescribed for those designated areas.
- Applicant must have ability to operate bar code instrument tracking system.
- Disassemble, clean, assemble and test instrumentation for proper functioning.
- Experience with computers highly recommended (Epic and SPM) Will need to document missing equipment and instruments for inventory purposes.
- Operate steam, gas (EtO), and other methods of sterilization.
- Operate tray tracking system per each load as well as individual trays. (Does not applyto all entities)
- Perform simple maintenance on equipment by use of the Bowie-Dick test packs, cleaning of filters and drains and use of biological test packs.
- Use knowledge of different types of sterilization materials and equipment to choose the appropriate material for sterilization processes.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials to include documenting usage, issuing, receiving and recording as assigned.
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to sit/stand for prolong periods, frequently walking and reaching (overhead, extensive and repetitive).
- Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skillsare needed.
- Attention to detail and ability to write legibly.
- In addition applicant should have the ability to left, push and pull greater than 20 to 75 lbs. or more.
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals and blood/body fluids.
- Sterile Processing Certification or Sterile Processing experience preferred
- Work cooperative with others to achieve organizational and team goals
- Must follow proper standards and precautions
Requisition Number 401489695
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4153 STERILE PROCESSING TECH II
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructionsgenerally acquired through a high school education.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID