Case Writer, Center for Entrepreneurial Studies
This is a one-year fixed term position. October 2018 through September 2019, available for extension.
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
Working under the general direction of faculty or other management, CES Case Writers support the GSB’s entrepreneurial curriculum by creating new cases for entrepreneurship courses including: Formation of New Ventures, Managing Growing Enterprises, Industrialist’s Dilemma, and many other courses. Case Writers revise, update, and improve existing cases.
Case Writers gather and synthesize information to develop cases that meet the teaching need identified by the faculty member. Information gathering includes interviewing senior company leaders, conducting research about the company and its industry, and evaluating company and competitor financial information and strategic actions. Case Writers collaborate with faculty to synthesize the information gathered and write a case study that delivers on critical teaching goals.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Write and/or edit complex content for cases, teaching notes, and other program activities.
- Gather and synthesize complex information used to create the cases by: conducting research activities and interviews with senior company leaders, analyzing data, reviewing trends, and writing final case studies.
- Provide grading and administration assistance for courses. Create and/or advise in the development of curriculum.
- Contribute to and inform on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three or more years of relevant experience or combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to oversee and direct staff.
- Basic knowledge of managing budgets and developing financial plans.
- Outstanding demonstrated writing ability
- Ability to skillfully conduct interviews to gather insights and information
- Strong academic record
- Solid financial skills
- Ability to work independently
- Success in one or more entrepreneurship courses
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Strong preference given to candidates who are recent (1-5 years) Stanford MBA or MSx graduates who took multiple entrepreneurial course during their educational experience, thus having familiarity with Stanford Graduate School of Business’ recent entrepreneurial curriculum.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.