DHTS IT Analyst II
ACE - RESEARCH SOLUTIONS
DW Developer Analyst (Sr. Research Analyst Data Warehouse Developer)
In partnership with Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) the Children’s Health and Discovery Initiative (CHDI) is seeking to hire someone to lead data organization needs. The CHDI is a Duke University wide initiative in seeking to understand and improve children’s health. It encompasses research on genes & biology, environmental health, health policy and social & behavioral health. Data sources include, but are not limited to: Electronic Health Records (EHR), medicaid claims, omics, and wearables.
The incumbent will be part of the CHDI data science team and work closely with statisticians and informaticians as well as clinical and academic researchers. S/he will play a key role in the development of the CHDI data management strategy.
Responsibilities may include:
- Building out an EHR based datamart for all children
- Development of data into common data models to facilitate cross-center collaboration
- Management of a SQL geospatial database to be linked with EHR data
- Management of omics related data
- Design strategies for linkage of clinical data with city and state administrative data
- Design, Develop and Maintain RedCap databases for prospective studies
The incumbent should have the ability to function independently and as part of a team. S/he should be able to work closely with both technical and non-technical team members. S/he will need to balance competing projects and responsibilities and should be able to proactively prioritize projects and deliverables. S/he will brainstorm with functional teams and recommend optimal way to collect, store, retrieve and analyze the data. This person will be heavily involved in selection, manipulation, integration and analysis of data from variety of sources. They also will create SQL and reports as needed to support their projects.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required
- Level 2 - 3+ years experience in requirements gathering, data analysis, SQL and report development, 3+ years experience working with Medicaid claims and linking public datasets that overlap based on geocoded addresses
- Solid and effective written, interpersonal, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- Proven ability to produce logical flows to support the design of data solutions
- Proven ability to describe technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Ability to produce data flow diagrams that can easily show data lineage
- Skilled in requirements gathering and data analysis
- Data sourcing, data mapping and managing metadata
- Documenting and analyzing workflow and clinical processes
- Experience and knowledge in developing complex SQL scripts in various RDBMS environments
- Thorough understanding of Data Modeling, including ER and Dimensional models
- Healthcare/Research industry experience required
- Knowledge of analytical tools, business intelligence tools, and statistical packages a plus
- Experience with data management preferred
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with diverse participants
- Ability to effectively work on a team.
- Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
- Maintains a level of exposure to external industry and market technical intelligence.
- Performs and coordinates simple to complex projects with minimal direction.
- Optimizes internal resources to maximize team capabilities.
- Leads peers to resolve complex issues consistent with divisional/organizational goals.
- Serve as technical resource for discipline in cross-functional teams.
- Effectively communicates specific IT issues/solutions to clients.
- Review, understand and document the current operational processes and data sources to establish support for current and future reporting requirements.
- Help customers organize their thoughts around their information needs. Bridge the gap (if any) between client business needs and their data/information requests.
- Capture and document project scope and requirements.
- Develop design document for data mapping and data transformation processes.
- Develop metadata for structures in the data warehouse.
- Identify and enforce data standards to ensure consistent and maintainable structures in the data warehouse.
- Perform source system analysis and data profiling.
- Analyze data in source systems to assess data quality and make recommendations for addressing concerns to the Data Governance Board.
- Work with Data Modelers and ETL Developers to develop logical data model(s) and introduce structures for the data warehouse
- Create SQL as needed for projects to work with data already in the Data Warehouse
- Develop analytical and/or operational reports (ex: WebiReports, Crystal Reports) based on customer requirements.
- Consult with customers to assist with SQL and data concerns.
- Communicate and document status/knowledge/issues with customers, other members of the implementation teams (including other functional areas) and project manager.
- Support customers in providing custom data extracts.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skill sets:
Epic certifications on clarity and/or caboodle data models will help in translating the best data sourcing, modeling, translation, and handling for datamart value; REDCap survey building and data extraction – understanding of flat file extracts, identifiers, metadata along with data dictionary translation; GIS – ArcGIS or similar software understanding of geocoding, address handling, to match with additional geographic datasets, embedding mapping, gps data, field notes/text files; Claims Analysis – ability to work with Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial claims as it pertains to matching hash identification with clinical data for longitudinal capture of TCOC; Ability to crunch, capture and analyze data on SDOH Domains (Homelessness/Housing, Employment, Food/Nutrition and Education); Ability to determine data effectiveness of community partnerships by working with finance teams and identify potential health outcomes and ROI.
The information above describes the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of position incumbents.
Requisition Number 401495295
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3844 DHTS IT ANALYST
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required. Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID