Program Coordinator, Department of Surgery
Plan, coordinate and administer activities within assigned program areas; develop, coordinate and advise on policy related to specified programs. May exercise full supervision over regular Duke staff.
- Make operational and programmatic decisions that have a significant impact on the successful achievement of program strategies and objectives; develop, coordinate and advise staff regarding program policy.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative research techniques; investigate trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
- Plan, coordinate and administer activities of assigned programs to include developing and implementing procedures, processes, services and systems; train employees in proper methods and procedures and ensure correctness of work.
- Budget for, and coordinate, public events and other related programs; develop and coordinate new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing program components.
- Coordinate public relations activities to include conceptualizing and writing newsletters, promotional materials, publications, press releases, ads and fliers.
- Develop plans and schedules for release of publicity materials.
- Maintain liaison with other programs, offices and departments at Duke to coordinate program business and to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
- Prepare budgets and grants; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds as appropriate.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401493928
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration or involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID