Professor in Management, Business and Economics
Location: Caulfield campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $181,066 pa Level E (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas – and the people who discover them
- Take your research further with state-of-the-art infrastructure
Monash is full of thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. So if you’ve forged a rewarding career so far, this role provides the perfect platform to join us. You’ll have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure and teaching spaces to do exciting work, along with opportunities to collaborate internationally. You’ll be part of a university that’s made up of inspirational, challenging thinkers and doers – and continue doing work that makes a lasting impact.
The Monash Business School undertakes education, research, consultancy and community engagements across all the main business and economics disciplines. It offers a comprehensive selection of awards including bachelor degrees, specialist master degrees by coursework, the Master of Business Administration (MBA), masters by research, and the PhD. It is one of the largest business education providers in Australia.
The Monash Business School is based in Melbourne, which was ranked (by the Economist Intelligence Unit) as the world’s most liveable city from 2012 to 2017. Melbourne is well known for its coffee, restaurants, night-life and is recognised as the sporting capital of Australia. Melbourne is proud of its excellent healthcare, education, diverse culture and booming infrastructure; making Melbourne a welcoming and exciting place to work and to call home.
The Department of Management is comprised of influential, world-renown academics, mentoring the talent of future managers and leaders. Our commitment to excellence is proven through our world-class research outputs and contemporary and engaging teaching practices. The Department delivers quality and impactful research that influences industry and communities. We have a vibrant research culture, coupled with an active research seminar and visitor program.
The Department is seeking to appoint a Professor who will continue to advance the department’s contribution to teaching and research. While we welcome applications from all disciplines, applications from human resources or organisational behaviour scholars are strongly encouraged.
The Professor will demonstrate:
- An outstanding contribution to all activities of the organisational unit and play a significant role within their profession or discipline
- Engage in active and strategic activities with industry
- A strong track record in publications in leading international journals (A* in the ABDC list)
- Proven track record documenting the ability to teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Evidence of the ability to secure external research funding
In addition, this role will also allow you to contribute to the department’s research culture, and to the research funding outcomes for the department.
The Professor’s responsibilities will also include:
- Mentoring of research activities of junior and mid-career staff members
- Mentoring and supervision of honours and postgraduate students
- Taking on a leadership position in the department in research or education
- Developing course curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Fostering a research culture, obtaining grants and producing top-tiered quality publications
If you would like to be a part of our world-class department and help grow our vibrant and engaging culture, then we welcome your application.
This position is a continuing, full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to How to apply for a senior academic position.
Professor Véronique Ambrosini, Head of Department of Management, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday 17 October 2018, 11:55 pm AEDT