Education Support Officer
Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning
- Be responsible for providing high-level administrative support
- Continuing Full-time Role, Located at Darlington Campus
- Base Salary: $73K to 82K p.a. Level 5, plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Education Manager, as the Education Support Officer you will:
- Provide a broad range of education administrative and operational support to Academic and Teaching staff to meet the educational support needs of the School.
- Coordinate the compilation of academic content and materials prepared by Academic and Teaching staff for research-based programs of study, for printed publications and/or uploading to Canvas /online systems.
- Coordinate processes for teaching activities, including unit of study outline templates, educational integrity, special consideration, prizes and scholarships, results processing, student appeals and Stage 3 student progression.
- Provide education support services in line with academic requirements and the overall timetable for the work area.
- Provide assistance to the Associate Dean (Education) and support the School’s Education Committee.
The Education Support Officer will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support across the four disciplinary areas.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for an Education Support Officer who possesses:
- Tertiary qualifications with some relevant work experience; and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and training.
- Effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- Excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes.
- Experience delivering education programmes, preferably in a tertiary education environment.
- Experience working in a tertiary environment with working knowledge of using Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard and Canvas, together with sound understanding of timetabling/rostering of student activities.
- Extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures and administrative processes within a tertiary environment.
Please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for a detailed Position Description. To be considered, it is essential that you upload a resume and address the online selection criteria.
The Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning is concerned with the creation of sustainable designed environments, both digital and physical, to enhance the collective human experience. Our teaching and research programs foster critical and creative thinking across the disciplinary areas of Architecture, Architectural Science, Design and Urban and Regional Planning and Policy. Our high-calibre students join a prestigious and influential body of leading practitioners, thought leaders and change agents in a local, national and global context.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1630/0818C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 17 October 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.