Research Technician II
Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting laboratory tests, experiments and determinations in support of Duke University research operations.
- Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting physical, chemical, biological and other research laboratory tests, experiments and determinations to obtain data for research purposes; compile, analyze, document and draw tentative conclusions from experimntal results. Confer with principal investigator to review work assignments and develop plans for research experiments; make minor modifications to existing laboratory procedures and techniques to meet the needs of the particular equipment as required. Review laboratory methods manual, scientific journals, abstracts and other literature for information applicable to research experiments.
- Determine and set up instruments, material and apparatus and operate laboratory equipment required for specific tests.
- Obtain, prepare, mount and stain tissue, blood and other substances for microscopic examination.
- Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment for performance of duties; clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Review work of lower level laboratory personnel within designated areas and assist in training new personnel.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401495055
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or other science related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID