Medical Assistant, Certified, Fertility Clinic
Performs a variety of routine nonprofessional nursing and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staffing the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
- Greet patients
- Update and file patient medical records
- Arrange for laboratory services
- Clinic Duties may include but not limited to the following: Assist medical and nursing staff in a variety of tasks
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Preparing patients for examinations and procedures
- Assisting the physician during the examination and procedures
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools
- Sterilize medical instruments. Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good customer service skills
- Medical terminology
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a high school education and medical assistant programming.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting. Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physicians and nursing staff
Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
No experience required .Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Certification by AAMA or AMT required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift/pull and carry 35 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401440008
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
- Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited bythe Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
- Level I -- No experience required.
- Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
- Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting.General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID