Clinical Imaging Physics - Quality Contr
Position is responsible for performing tests to evaluate performance of imaging equipment in terms of patient safety, image quality, and efficiency. The tests should aim to ensure compliance with international, national, and state standards, regulations and processional guidelines. Furthermore, they should ensure compliance with ACR accreditation programs, JCAHO requirements concerning patient radiation safety and optimum consistent image quality
- Perform evaluation testing of radiography, mammography, fluoroscopy, CT, ultrasound, and MRI. imaging equipment in terms of patient safety, image quality, and efficiency. Medical Physics inspection of imaging equipment .
- Analysis for acceptance testing and quality control dating of Radiology equipment.
- Assessment of trends in equipment performance over time to include maintaining required records and reports, coordinating with Radiation Safety Office and Clinical Engineering.
- Maintains required records, reports and files; collects necessary statistics.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401494970
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5510 RADIATION PHYSICIST
Job Family Level K1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Master's degree in Medical Physics required
No experience required
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID