Inpatient pediatric experience preferred
Plan and administer speech language pathology evaluations and plan and implement appropriate treatment. Document provision of such care, utilizes support staff and participate in special projects as designated.
CLINICIAL SPEECH PATHOLOGIST DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently maintains a clinical caseload in designated clinical cluster area
- Provides evidence based evaluation and treatment to diverse, medically challenging patient populations
- Provides quality service delivery techniques that facilitate optimum services to meet patient needs being sensitive to patient’s age, social, cultural, educational and vocational background.
- Provides appropriate written and/or verbal education on communication and/or swallowing disorders to patients, families, and professionals
- Completes required documentation accurately and within the designated time frame which may include report writing, billing,and/ or professional education database
- Works collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as with Division colleagues to promote best patient care standards
- Participates in the peer review process
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives within assigned work area under the supervision of Clinical Coordinator
- Takes initiative to remain current in clinical practice through lectures, literature, and other educational opportunities
- Organizes daily schedule to prioritize responsibilities including the integration of meetings, responsibilities, or tasks into schedule without negative impact on patient care or productivity
- Maintains confidentiality pertaining to patient care and all Division policies and procedures
- Keeps Clinical Coordinator informed of activities, problems, and/or accomplishments
- Functions in a self-directed manner and takes ownership to manage self and work including responsibility for actions and accountability for results
- Maintains professional demeanor and is responsible for quality care in all interactions
- Responds promptly to communication (e.g., e-mail, pages and phone messages)
- Uses technology (e.g., computer skills) to meet job requirements
- Maintains productivity standards
- Completes clinical privileges consistent with job responsibilities and personal development plan
- Performs duties/ tasks/ assignments as directed to support Division goals or needs
- Meets all PEP expectations and follows all Division policies and
- Meets and adheres to ASHA, state licensure board and Division clinical practice guidelines
SENIOR CLINICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all duties and responsibilities of a Clinical Speech Pathologist, a Senior Clinician is also responsible for the following:
- Creates a direct impact/change on clinical practice based on current literature,conference-based knowledge, and/or state of the art practice under the direction of Clinical Coordinator
- Serves as a clinical resource to colleagues and other medical professionals
- Assists the Clinical Coordinator in building collaborative relationships and teamwork between colleagues and other professional staff within and external to DUHS
- Provides educational opportunities relevant to clinical practice which may include in services, external presentations, lunch and learn, or support groups with the input of the Clinical Coordinator
- Obtains specialized training or certification
- When requested, serves as a mentor for new staff, clinical fellows, students, or student observers
- When requested, provides opportunities for student observation
- Under direction of Clinical Coordinator, assists in providing training to clinical staff in new or advanced skills
- Under direction of Clinical Coordinator , assists with new staff credentialing and/or orientation in specified clinical area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional
- Ability journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bilingual applicants preferred.
Requisition Number 401493239
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5100 SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
Job Family Level G1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university program.
Previous medical setting experience preferred, although other relevantclinical experience considered.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
-- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathologyissued by ASHA-- NC License in Speech Language Pathology issued by the North CarolinaBoard of Examiners for Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists-- Temporary License in Speech Language Pathology issued by the NorthCarolina Board of Examiners for Speech and Language Pathologists andAudiologists
Auto req ID
More searches like this
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Health & Medical jobs in North Carolina
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Health & Medical jobs in North Carolina
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Health & Medical jobs in North Carolina
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Health & Medical jobs in North Carolina