Administrative Associate, Dean’s Office, Stanford Law School
Stanford Law School seeks to hire the best talent and to promote a safe and secure environment for all members of the university community and its property. To that end, new staff hires must successfully pass a background check prior to starting work at Stanford University.
Stanford Law School, on the campus of one of the world’s leading research universities, offers unmatched opportunities. We are known for our collegial culture, which is intimate and egalitarian. In this close-knit community, collaboration and the open exchange of ideas are essential to life and learning. Students, faculty, staff, alumni — all support and inspire each other to explore, excel and contribute to the world through law. The Dean’s Office seeks an Administrative Associate to support the work of the office and its staff and administrators.
Working under the supervision of the Dean’s Executive Assistant, you will perform a variety of tasks focused on furthering the professional and efficient work of the Dean’s office. If you have excellent customer service skills and judgment, the desire to work on multiple projects at once, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, this position may be the right career opportunity for you!
To be successful, you must provide friendly, professional, and courteous service as you:
- Manage and respond to high volume of phone calls, emails, and drop-in inquiries.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information coming through the Dean’s office.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as appointments files, course materials, and presentations.
- Manage the travel and expense reimbursements for the Dean and Dean’s Office staff, and oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions.
- Plan, execute, and oversee functions and events sponsored by the Dean’s office
- Support the Faculty Affairs function of the Dean’s Office by assisting with faculty visits, appointments files, faculty workshops and faculty meetings.
- Schedule meetings and calendar with limited consultation.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment, obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and at least four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Box, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Oracle Financials strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects
- Proven record for handling highly confidential and sensitive information with discretion and good judgment
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects at one time
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to assume demanding workload during peak periods
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Proven record of being a team player
- Strong word processing and data entry skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Why Stanford is for you
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!