Research Group Administrator
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Chemistry is a leading centre for both teaching and research excellence in Chemistry in Australia – developing cutting edge knowledge to solve real-world problems. The School of Chemistry has a proud history, predating UNSW, beginning at the Sydney Mechanics School of Arts in 1833.
The School teaches more than 2000 undergraduate students each year from many different faculties and offers four different undergraduate programs leading to majors in chemistry that are taught in 5 teaching laboratories specialising in First Year, Synthetic, Analytical and Physical Chemistry.
About the role
- $71K-$80K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term – 5 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Group Administrator position is part of the Smart Materials and Surfaces research group within the School of Chemistry and is responsible for facilitating administrative and organisational tasks efficiently for the research group.
The role of Research Group Administrator reports to Scientia Professor Justin Gooding and has no direct reports.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Associate diploma level qualification with at least 2 years subsequent relevant experience or completion of a relevant degree at graduate level.
- Demonstrated strong time management, office management and organisational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities, achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- A performance-oriented approach with demonstrated ability to act with a high level of independence, initiative, problem solving, analysis and judgment to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of office management software especially in the use of Microsoft Office and web authoring tools
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on and contribute to the development of protocols, procedures, guidelines and administrative systems.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise with a diversity of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative duties including maintaining databases, and in the production of communications material such as newsletters, flyers and email announcements.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact: Justin Gooding – Scientia Professor
Applications close: October 19, 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at your Faculty/Division web address
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).