Research Fellow in Medicinal Chemistry
Location: Parkville campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12 month fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $66,706 - $90,532 pa Level A (plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Most experienced group of pharmaceutical scientists in Australia, working across all disciplines of drug discovery
- Exciting research specialising in organic and medicinal chemistry
- Excellent location along the Parkville Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences strip
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions.
You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary and international research team working on a medicinal chemistry project, related to; synthetic manipulations of certain heterocycles that target specific enzymes important in metabolism, in order to discover better treatments for type-II diabetes. MIPS is a world-class, multi-disciplinary organisation and the Medicinal Chemistry theme is at the forefront of drug discovery research.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to apply innovative approaches to target specific enzymes. Previous experience in organic or medicinal chemistry is essential.
The candidate's responsibilities:
- The conduct of research under limited supervision, where appropriate, independently and the production or contribution to the production of conference, seminar papers and publications in reputable journals from that research
- Experimental design and operation of advanced laboratory, technical equipment and conduct of advanced research procedures
- Impart advice within the field of the staff member's research expertise to colleagues, postgraduate and honours students
The candidate's attributes:
- PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry or related discipline with research experience
- Be able to demonstrate practical experimental skills in the area of enzymes, organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry
- Analytical thinking, expert data analysis and critical problem-solving skills
- Fluency in written and oral English
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs".
Professor Jonathan Baell, Larkins Fellow within Medicinal Chemistry Theme, +61 3 9903 9044.
Tuesday 16 October 2018, 11:55 pm AEDT