Scientific Research Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Scientific Research Assistant will perform research duties as well as some administrative tasks.
- Preparation of neuronal cell cultures.
- Carry out biochemical assays, including gel electrophoresis, immunoblot.
- Preparation of subcellular fractions.
- Engineering of expression DNA constructs.
- Protein expression and purification.
- Place orders and help with lab chores.
- Organize and conduct experiments to study cell biological problems.
- Coordinate the ordering, processing, restocking of lab supplies, and maintain general lab organization.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or another related field required by date of hire.
- Prior laboratory experience in a biochemically orientated research laboratory.
- Experience with cell cultures.
- Experience with genetic engineering.
- Experience with protein biochemistry.
- At least two references (references may be contacted as part of the application process)
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in California
- Permanent Physical Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in California
- Permanent Life sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in California
- Permanent Chemistry Research Assistants / Officers jobs in California