Associate Vice President, Duke Medical Center Development
Medical Center Development
Direct responsibility for the management of crucial philanthropic components of the Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs Office, including corporate and foundation relations,major gifts, gift planning, and oversight of hallmark development programs. The Associate Vice President is consulted onoffice-wide decisions for final recommendations to the Vice President. Reporting to the Vice President, this position assumes the responsibility for the Vice President of Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs in her/his absence.
- Oversee and manage the fundraising operations of the Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs Office including corporate and foundation relations, gift planning, major gifts and selected hallmark programs.
- In collaboration with the Vice President, convene DHDAA leaders as appropriate to ensure adequate progress on decision making, programs, and initiatives; play a crucial role in the work and success of the Leadership Management Team.
- Develop and implement strategic operations plan with the Vice President.
- Set forth policies needed to implement, evaluate and facilitate development goals outlined in the strategic plan through team involvement; integrate systems for evaluating staff performance and effectiveness.
- Working with all development areas, responsible for the management of progress toward development goals. Responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of as mall portfolio of top prospects.
- Working with all development areaswithin Duke Health and the University Development office, provide oversight and management for the Duke Medicine prospect pipeline.
- Serves as senior member of the DHDAA prospect management committee.
- Provide oversight to all of Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs for the management of individual major gift activities.
- Serve as liaison to the University Development office to enhance communications and to coordinate major gift activity. Involvement includes the University Prospect Management Committee,School and Unitrepresentation (CPSG), and coordination of Fiscal Year Operating Plans.
- Manage the Duke Health Board of Visitors.
- Assist in providingcoordination to the Board of Visitors meetings, assuring optimal utilization of leadership to enable Duke Health to achieve its development goals.
- Provides guidance for other volunteer boards connected with major gifts programs.In the absence of the Vice President, serve as her/his representative at meetings or appointments in and outside of the Duke Health community.
- Monitor finances for areas of responsibility; provide budget management and forecast expenditures to maximize efficiency.
- Direct various personnel actions for areas of responsibility including,but not limited to, hiring,performance appraisals,promotions and vacation schedules.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Minimum of 10 years demonstrated successful experience andeffectiveness in major and principalgift fundraising and management in a complex academic health setting. Significant experienceworking with volunteers and volunteer groupsnecessary. A commitment to Duke University’s mission a must.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, complex fundraising activities simultaneously and coordinate solicitation strategies in a decentralized environment
- Ability to plan and implement a fundraising plan
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of creativity, initiative and motivation
- Team orientation and willingness to set an example for real leadership
- Ability and willingness to travel
Requisition Number 401493957
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2235 ASSOC VP, DEVELOPMENT, DUKE MED
Job Family Level 98
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum of 10 years demonstrated successful experience and effectivenessin major and principal gift fundraising, preferably in an educationsetting. Significant experience working with volunteers and volunteergroups necessary.
Auto req ID