Development Projects Coordinator, Medical Center Development
Medical Center Development
Data Management (30%) Maintain and coordinate an information system to include reviewing and updating information input and monitoring information output to ensure system's efficiency and effective user utilization.
- Develop and maintain a database to track and monitor data collection.Manage in-house databases in Access,DADD (Duke’s donor record system), BidPal/OneCause (event software),and Excel. Authorizedto make changes inDADD.
- Manage overall coordination of data and gift processing within DukeChildren’s Office of Development. Liaison withDHDAA Research team to ensure gifts are properly recorded.
- Recommend new methods for collection and documentation of data.
- Produce donor reports and donor lists for mailings.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Coordinate payment processing and allocations for various SpecialProgramfundraisers such as JVKK, CMN, MIX101.5/Duke Children’s Radiothon, and others as required.
- Maintain petty cash funds. Acts as custodian by handling all entries,physicallysecuring funds and performingannual audits.
Stewardship (30%) Maintain various stewardship programs to include: donor record keeping,endowment files and letters of annual gift list:coordinate assigned special events.
- Track donor history and record donations. Coordinate first timedonor post cards anddonor thank you mailouts.
- Provide donor wall updates to DHDAA Donor Relations team.
- Coordinate giftacknowledgement letters.
- Track honor and memorial donations and coordinate acknowledgments.
- AssistAnnual Giving and the Donor Relations teams with variousevents.
- • Monitor MyGifts website for donor comments and/or requests as needed.
Special Events (20%) Sponsor and Guest Database Coordinator and event activities such as –JVKK, Gala, andRadiothon.
- Support various event needs. Registration coordinator, supervisor at event, and database manager for Children’sevents.
- Maintain separate Microsoft Access database to track sponsor support for events.
- Manage fulfillment of Radiothon donor incentives.
Fund Raising Support (20%)
- Coordinate and participate in research efforts to identify potential funding sources for programs and projects; review, update and maintain files on information gathered from research.
- Support Major Gift Officers and various staff members with reports, analysis, statistics,etc.Alert major gift officersand other staff to donor history and potential.
- Track donor history, analyze data, and identify trends. Provide support info using databases and historical perspective.
- Pass along donation information, donor stories and patient involvement toCommunications Manager, Director of Annual Program, Major Gift Officers, Special Programs Director, et al for follow-up.
- Assist and provide support to staff in functional areas.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill the mission of Duke Children’sOffice of Development.
- Work requires a Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years data management, research or medical experience
- Some knowledge of accounting functions preferred
- Advanced data management and reporting skills with demonstrated ability to use software to extract, organize and report data that is complex and confidential in nature.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Access, andPowerPoint
- Organizational skills with good follow through
- Attention to detail and data quality controlAbility to work independently
- Good written/oral/interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service attitude and demonstrated ability to work with people with varying technical skills.
Requisition Number 401493671
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2303 DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS COORD
Job Family Level 11
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree program.
Work requires ability to design, plan and coordinate fund raisingactivities and special events generally acquired through two yearsexperience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID