Zone Maintenance Mechanic
MC E&O - Maintenance
Perform routine and preventive maintenance in the repair and maintenance of buildings, facilities and equipment within assigned areas of Duke University Hospital and Medical Center.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Other duties may be assigned and a more comprehensive task list may be provided.
- Conduct regular inspections of designated facilities and equipment; participate in image rounds if applicable; set up and maintain ongoing communication efforts with customers to ensure appropriate and timely response to repair and maintenance needs.
- Make minor repairs and corrections and perform routine preventive maintenance on electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and communication systems and equipment; make repairs to general building facilities to include, but not limited to, general carpentry repairs, repairs to ceiling and floor coverings, doors, windows, and furniture; perform minor paint and patch work.
- Complete and/or assist in the completion of minor service requests as needed.
- Solicit the advice of shop personnel in specific trades as needed; refer more complex and time-consuming items to shop personnel; assist in repairs if necessary.
- Conduct regular inspections of fire and smoke partitions for penetrations; patch penetrations as necessary; report unusual problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Advise management of general condition of facilities and equipment in assigned areas; make recommendations for improvements and upgrades to facilities for budget planning.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and maintenance records to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and codes.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401494373
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 424 ZONE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Job Family Level 07
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Three to four years minimum experience required either in a specific trade or in general building maintenance and repair. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID