MC E&O - Maintenance
Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair electrical appliances, systems, facilities, and related electronic controls and devices within Duke Hospital facilities in accordance with pertinent state and local electrical codes; make work assignments; review work of lower level employees; assist in training new personnel.
- Maintain and repair electrical systems and equipment in hospital and medical facilities to include, but not limited to, electrical switches, outlets, panels, emergency generators, switchgear, sterilizers, OR equipment, intercoms, fire alarm and security access systems and devices.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance on systems and equipment and inspect new wiring, systems and equipment in accordance with established schedules and procedures; test and examine systems and equipment to assess functional status and conformance with Duke standards and state, local and federal code and regulatory standards.
- Diagnose and correct electrical systems and equipment malfunctions; test, adjust, sequence, synchronize and align such systems and equipment as AC and DC power supplies, main power control panels, motors, generators, circuit breakers and relay panels.
- Complete required documentation to include, but not limited to, work order forms, inventory/order forms, and corrective/preventive maintenance documents; use computer software as applicable to electrical maintenance activities plus various employee training, payroll and compliance requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to lower level employees; assist in training new personnel.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401494371
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 755 ELECTRICIAN, (CERT/LIC)
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires educational background normally equivalent to high school with course work in skilled crafts or trades training in electrical systems, schematics and relevant national, state and local codes. Work requires North Carolina electrician's licensure or certification
Work requires 4 years of experience in working with basic schematics and drawings, bending and installing conduits, and the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID