Administrative Associate II
School of Engineering, Management Science and Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
The School of Engineering, Management Science and Engineering Department, seeks an Administrative Associate to provide administrative and operational support working closely with a group of faculty members within the department, supporting both administrative and financial needs. Reporting to the Assistant Department Manager, this position is critical in supporting our mission: to seek solutions to important global problems and educate leaders who will make the world a better place. Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then this position may be the right fit for you!
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions for assigned group of faculty, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications such as emails; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as conference and seminar materials for faculty.
- Assist to maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Help to coordinate office moves for faculty.
- May perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- May coordinate and/or assist with travel arrangements including airfare and lodging for faculty, students and/or visitors as assigned in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- May plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, and resolve calendaring conflicts.
- May assist with other faculty affairs and/or web functions.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience required.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Two years of relevant experience; preferably in higher education preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications (including Microsoft Office Suite).
- Experience with Adobe preferred.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Position required to work during normal business hours (8am to 5pm or 8:30am to 5:30pm preferred).
- Successfully pass a background check (Criminal, Education, Employment Verification).
- We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.