Research Laboratory Technician Associate
- Oversee animal husbandry for colonies in the lab.
- Maintain mouse colonies, lab inventories, optimization of lab protocols and service contracts, and oversee interactions with collaborators outside of the Ann Arbor area.
- Performance of basic molecular biology and biochemistry experiments.
- Handle human and mouse blood, and assist existing staff in analyses being run in the lab including flow cytometry, aggregometry, fluorometry, and western blot analysis.
- Mouse breeding, genotyping and handling of transgenic and knock-out mice.
- Collect and enter data into a mouse-breeding/mouse-genotype database.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, or Chemistry.
- Must be willing to learn animal husbandry, surgical procedures, and genotyping.
- Must be willing to handle and process blood cells including platelets from human and animal.
- Ability to work in a team project environment.
- Excellent English oral and written communication and organization skills.
- Experience performing molecular biology experiments, making buffers, and western blot experiments.
- Experience with Prism.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.